The Bachelor of Political Science and International Relations provides methodical and professional competence in the disciplines of economics, law, history and society. Particular attention is dedicated to comparative and international issues, as well as acquiring a solid grasp of empirical, political scientific, sociological, statistical and economic research methods.
Bachelor of Political Science and International Relationships
Bachelor of Political Science and International Relations
In order to be admitted to the Bachelor of Political Science and International Relations, applicants must possess a valid high school diploma. The Bachelor’s Degree is a 3-year program taught in English.
The final exam of the degree program, intended to assess the technical-scientific and professional preparation of the student, consists of the completion and discussion of a written dissertation.
Duration: 3 years
180 ECTS (European Credits Transfer and Accumulation System)
135 US Quarter Credits
|SPS/02 History of Political Thought||12|
|SPS/03 History of Political Institutions||6|
|IUS/09 Economic Analysis of Law||12|
|SECS-P/04 History of Economic Thought||6|
|SPS/04 Political Science||12|
|SECS-P/01 Political Economy||12|
|SPS/01 Political Philosophy||12|
|M-STO/04 Contemporary History||12|
|SECS-P/02 Economic Policy||12|
|M-GGR/02 Economic Geopolitics||6|
|SPS/06 History of International Relations||6|
|Fundamentals of Informatics||12|
|L-LIN/12 Language and Translation – English||12|
|English language laboratory||6|
|IUS/13 International Law||12|
|IUS/13 Policies for International Cooperation||12|
|SPS/11 Sociology of international relations||12|
Sociology of Work
Sociology of Professions
Environmental and Territorial Economics
Statistics and Demography
History of Economic Thought
European Union Law
Language and Translation: French
Language and Translation: Spanish
Language and Translation: English II
Language and Translation: German
Outcomes and Professional profile
- Function in work context: Graduates in Political Science and International Relations are specialists capable of describing and interpreting the origin, development, functioning and logic of political systems and ideologies, diplomatic, economic and political relations between States, ways of constructing political decisions, their interrelationship with public opinion, government and party activity, reasons and consequences of electoral results. Thanks to the interdisciplinary education in juridical, economic, political-logical, social and historical sectors, graduates may perform a series of high-level organizational, managerial, informative and editorial functions.
- Skills associated with the function: Specific skills in the fields of Law, Economics, Political Science, Social History. Increased interdisciplinary skills and adequate mastery of the method of empirical political science, sociology, statistics, economic and quantitative as well as the comparative method, especially in the discipline of public law.
- Career opportunities: Career opportunities and professional activities are possible in various sectors, such as within national and multinational private organizations, administrations, agencies, national, supranational and internationals public organizations, NGOs and third sector organizations, in the socio-economic sectors, research and communication (from journalism to marketing).
To apply to the program, you must complete the following requirements
- PBC Application form
- Leaving certificates from Secondary and Higher Secondary School with Transcripts/Mark sheets in English language
- Proof of English knowledge (not required for the native English speakers / if the student’s previous education was fully in English – this fact must be confirmed), if the applicant is not holder of any certificate, his/her level of English proficiency will be tested during the Skype Interview.
Following certificates are accepted:
- TOEFL minimum points of the test in these versions: PBT: 567, CBT: 227, IBT: 79 or
- IELTS at least score 5 – 6 (Academic) or preferable higher score
- Professional CV with photo (we recommend the Europass CV)
- Filled Skype form
The final phase of the selection process is the Skype interview. Interviews provides us an opportunity to evaluate your motivation for enrolling in the program, the caliber of your academic and professional experience, English language proficiency and your plans for personal and career growth. Based on this interview is student accepted or not accepted. There will be no possibility to do the Skype Interview second time, if the student is not accepted.
IMPORTANT: All documents must be submitted in English. Documents originally in another language must be accompanied by a certified translation in English!